Secure At-Home Document Shredding in Brisbane, Gold Coast and Ipswich
Do you keep confidential and sensitive data in your home? What about just everyday information about yourself and your bank accounts? Things as run-of-the-mill as pharmacy records or credit card bills that you might just throw away could be enough for a professional identity thief to steal your identity.
These kinds of people pray on homes and on individuals, as they are the easiest targets for identity fraud. Once your identity has been stolen it can be almost impossible to recover, causing financial loss and huge amounts of stress for many years to come.
How Security Shred Can Protect You From Identity Theft
Security Shred’s secure ‘on-site’ shredding services means you don’t have to bother with slow, tedious home shredders. We come to your home or storage unit and do all secure paper disposal for you while you watch.
Security Shred can provide you with secure bags or bins to securely dispose of your information, no matter how much you have.
One of our data security specialists can tailor a confidential document destruction solution to provide you with a highly secure, simple and inexpensive solution to ensure you don’t become a victim of identity theft.
Why Should You Be Concerned About Identity Theft?
Victims of identity fraud are often surprised to learn how little of your personal information it takes to assume your identity and cause often years of financial loss and emotional torture.
Criminals who assume your identity may be able to:
- trick your bank or financial institution into giving them access to your money and other accounts
- open new accounts and accumulate large debts in your name which will ruin your credit rating and good name
- take control of your accounts and change the address on your credit card or other accounts so you don’t receive statements
- open a phone, internet or other service account in your name
- claim government benefits in your name
- lodge fraudulent claims for tax refunds in your name, preventing you from being able to lodge your legitimate return
- use your name to plan or commit criminal activity
- pretend to be you to embarrass or misrepresent you, such as through social media
Shredding all of your personal data hugely reduces the chances of any of the above happening to you.
Call Security Shred now to find out how we can help you 1800 613 366
If you believe you are a victim of identity crime – report it to the police immediately. For more information about how we can help you securely dispose of your documents at your home in Brisbane, Gold Coast, Ipswich or Sunshine Coast contact us today on 1800 613 366.